Responsible for installing, programming, maintaining and repairing of fire alarm systems, wiring and equipment. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. Limited amount of estimating.
Fire Alarm Technician
FA Alarm Manager
- Basic knowledge of fire alarm system installation including wiring.
- Ability to read, understand and follow construction drawings.
- Install, maintain, and repair a wide variety of fire alarm systems, devises and related equipment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to acquire necessary state licensing and NICET certifications.
- After hours on-call work is required.
- Attends department meetings as required.
- Use hand tools
- climb ladders
- work at heights
- Oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- ability to learn fire panel programming
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds sometimes over head
- Physically able to perform trade.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Three (3) years experience in electronics field. Knowledge of electrical theory, circuitry, and wiring. Experience in Fire Alarm or Security Alarm installation or service preferred. Must possess and maintain a valid Utah driver’s license.
Skills and Abilities:
Read and comprehend instructions. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees. Basic math including all units of measure.