Responsible for scheduling, inspecting, and reporting inspections for fire, sprinkler, alarm, and backflow systems.
Fire System Inspector
- Schedules and conducts annual fire safety inspections.
- Documents and writes fire code violations.
- Reviews plans and drawings for new buildings, renovations, and subdivisions for compliance with Life Safety Codes.
- Promotes, teaches, and demonstrates fire extinguishment, safety, prevention, and investigation.
- Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge and awareness of applicable codes, laws, and regulations.
- Composes, prepares, reviews and/or processes a variety of documents associated with daily responsibilities.
- Cooperates with federal, state, and local law enforcement/investigating agencies and their officers or representatives.
- Knowledge of Life Safety Codes
- Oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds sometimes over head
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED. Five (5) years of experience and/or training. Certification under the State of Utah regulations or any equivalent combination of education (NICET) for fire, sprinkler, alarm, and backflow systems. Must possess and maintain a valid Utah driver’s license.
Skills and Abilities:
Read and comprehend instructions. Effectively present information in a one-on-one and/or small group situations to customers, clients and other employees. Basic math including all units of measure.