Responsible for installing, programming, maintaining and repairing of security systems, wiring and equipment. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
- Basic knowledge of security system installation including wiring.
- Ability to read, understand and follow construction drawings.
- Install, maintain, and repair a wide variety of security alarm systems, devises and related equipment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to acquire necessary state licensing and NICET certifications.
- After hours on-call work is required.
- Attends department meetings as required.
- Use hand tools
- climb ladders
- work at heights
- Oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- ability to learn fire panel programming
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds sometimes over head
- Physically able to perform trade.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Knowledge of electrical theory, circuitry, and wiring. Experience in Fire Alarm or Security Alarm installation or service preferred. Must possess and maintain a valid Utah driver’s license.
Skills and Abilities:
Read and comprehend instructions. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees. Basic math including all units of measure.