Assist in installing automatic fire sprinkler systems in new and existing buildings in all types of construction. Assemble, install, and maintain high and low pressure pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic, electric, and pneumatic equipment.
Sprinkler Fitter Apprentice
- Cut, thread pipe, and make proper connections.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, per specifications.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading
- Lay out full pipe systems and supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Required to work evenings and/or night shifts on a regular or rotating basis.
- Accept call-back overtime or regular overtime and accepts status on an emergency call-out list.
- dependable in fulfilling obligations
- Ability to use tools such as channel lock pliers, pipe wrenches, pipe threading machine, drills, and various other hand tools
- Able to perform work at a varying degree of heights and weather conditions
- Oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds sometimes over head
- Physically able to perform trade.
Education and Experience:
At least 18 years of age. High school diploma or equivalent. Valid driver’s license or reliable transportation.
Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses and maintenance. Basic math including measuring, counting, basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division without the aid of a calculator. Ability to tell when something is wrong or likely to go wrong. Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules.