Responsible for installing automatic fire sprinkler systems in new and existing buildings in all types of construction. Assemble, install, and maintain high and low pressure pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic, electric, and pneumatic equipment.
Sprinkler Fitter Journeyman
- Maintain piping systems for water, steam, or natural gas.
- Cut, thread pipe, and make proper connections.
- Install, repair, and replace valves, controls, traps, holding units, etc.
- Identify and repair defects.
- Drive a vehicle to and from locations, keeps vehicle supplied with tools and materials, and keeps vehicle in orderly condition.
- Keep records and makes reports of work accomplished and materials used.
- After hours on-call work is required.
- Attends department meetings as required.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds sometimes over head
- Physically able to perform trade.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Must possess and maintain a valid Utah driver’s license.
Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals; knowledge of machines and tools including their design, use, repair and maintenance; identifying complex problems to develop, evaluate, and implement solutions; installing equipment and machines to meet specifications;